Yes, you can buy renters insurance online, and it’s the primary method people use to buy it these days. If you want to buy renters insurance online, here’s what you should do to make sure that you get the best deal:
- Go to https://google.com and search for “renters insurance”
- You should see several insurance companies in the search results
- Access the websites of at least three or more of those insurance companies
- Input any information they want from you, usually starting with the zip code of the residence you want to insure. You’ll likely have to input other information like:
- Personal property coverage: The standard amount is $30,000, but you should perform a home inventory to know how much you need.
- Liability coverage: The standard amount is $100,000.
- After you’ve input the information, each company should provide an estimated quote, usually ranging between $15 to $35.
- Choose the insurer with the lowest price that provides the most amount of coverage.
After that, the online interface will normally prompt you to input your credit card, and pick the date that you want your coverage to begin. Once your credit card is successfully charged, your renters insurance could begin that very day.